Valentine’s Day as a celebration of love dates back to around the middle ages. People often have mixed feelings about the popular February holiday—but instead of just buying chocolate, flowers, and cards, how about some fantastic activities instead? We have some ideas to help you celebrate and treat yourself (and others)—there are a number of great things to do on Valentine’s Day!
Go out on the town for an evening or weekend
- Indulge in a delicious three course dinner at Frothy Monkey
- Grab some popcorn and see the romantic classic Titanic in theaters at the Franklin Theater
- Eat farm fresh food then dance the night away at the Valentine’s dance at Homestead Manor on Saturday February 9th. They even have dance lessons before the dance floor opens to ensure you know all the moves.
- Enjoy a delicious meal then have some fun bowling at Love on the Lanes at Kings Dining and Entertainment.
- Do a wine and chocolate tasting at the beautiful Arrington Vineyards
- Venture out a little for a weekend away at the Commodore Hotel in Linden, TN for a getaway night along with a delicious Valentine’s Day dinner (including chocolate and cheesecake!) and live music.
Don’t feel like completely emptying your wallet? Did you know Waffle House and White Castle host Valentine’s dinners? Sounds silly, but also delicious! And certainly well-priced! Take the kids, your partner, or yourself out for a fun Valentine’s you won’t forget.
Stay in and cozy up
Browse your Pinterest board and decide to make one of those recipes you’ve wanted to dive into for awhile but can never find the time.
- Do an at home wine tasting evening with your friends. Have everyone bring a different bottle and do a tasting (perhaps paired with cheese and/or chocolate?) and make notes and pick favorites.
- Watch a romantic movie on Netflix, HBO, Hulu, or other streaming service. Or, go anti-Valentine’s day with a horror film.
- Read a good novel you’ve been wanting to start.
- Bake delicious chocolate somethings!
However you celebrate, make sure you take this occasion to treat yourself!